Sunday, May 1, 2011

My writing week 4 (18)

My Epic Novella, Part 739.

I slaughtered a few of my novella's darlings last week, replacing them with just as many fabulous? ordinary? deplorable? words, so the word count stagnated. But at least I did some work on it.

I want to start researching/interviewing and then writing my next article for Divine magazine this week, but I am determined not to use that as an excuse to neglect the novella.

Divine Article on Cataracts

My next article for Divine magazine is about cataracts. If you have cataracts or have had surgery to remove them, I have a few simple questions for you:

1. Where are/were the cataract/s on your eyes and what effects did/do the cataract/s have?

I had one dead centre of my left eye and had to try and read around it.

2. If you had surgery to remove them, describe your post op vision.

I had surgery on both eyes. I could see a mountain range in the distance for the first time. Black was once again black and not grey. I could see my freckles again.

3. If you didn't have surgery, why?

You can leave your response as a comment or send an email to graham@grahamclements.com

Doctor Who

The thrill of Doctor Who seems to have disappeared with Russell T Davies or perhaps it is just Matt Smith. Being a writer, I prefer to think it has more to do with scripts that are now too fast paced, with no time for tension. I only tuned in out of a sense of duty to watch the first episode of the new season on Saturday. I ended up watching the first fifteen minutes and then recording the rest.

In contrast, I keenly await the return of Fringe on Go next Wednesday. A series full of tense and edgy scripts.

1 comment:

Anthony J. Langford said...

Good luck with the novella.

Havent watched the Dr Who ep yet.. not huge on Matt Smith, but I liked the stories last year.. certainly better than the first season..(05.) we can agree to disagree on this one..