Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My writing week 3 (43)

Hi all,

I am feeling really tired today. Lack of sleep and stress has got to me as we engage in preliminary skirmishes in what looks likely to be a long war with the neighbours. Surprisingly, their dogs have not been the problem, they have been drowned out by the mindless thud thud thud of dance music.

The teenage son who moved into the garage got a stereo, and knowing his musical tastes are so fabulous decided to ensure all his neighbours could hear it. I went over at 10 last night and asked his mother to get him to turn it down. He did. But the noise has been back up today, so it looks like it will be a nightly event, until we get nasty. We have form with the neighbours, so I don't expect them to do the right thing without numerous actions.

I talked to another of their neighbours last night, just before I went and complained, and their history of the people living next door is full of drama. I'm not going to risk slander by restating it here. The neighbour said that another neighbour had also had run ins with them. I have previously spoken to a further neighbour and they were not impressed with them.

I have been searching the web for cheap soundproofing ideas. Double glazing is not cheap, and will it work? The noise seems to come through our wooden walls too.

So this is what happens when you take a week off writing and exercising, your neighbour's arsehole levels increase.

I do hope to get back into my routine this week. Either that or start digging trenches.

Graham.

No comments: