Sunday, October 3, 2010

My writing week 3 (39)

Hi all,

Just got the signed contract from Divine in the mail. It came with a form to fill in if I wanted to be excused from getting an ABN number. Wasn't sure if I should have one or not so I contacted the tax office, who wouldn't give me a definitive answer, instead directing me to an article on the tax office website. Read the article and then asked my sister who works for the tax office, and I have decided, my main reason for writing for Divine is for recreational purposes and not as a business venture, so I won't have to get an ABN.

I am currently critiquing a spec fiction novel and have to get a move on, don't want it taking four months like the last one. Fortunately this one is half the size. Its first two chapters have me intrigued, the initial setup reminds me of the recent series The Prisoner, not in story, but both have someone in a bizarre location trying to figure out where they are and how they got there.

I don't have any additional reading to do for my remaining Aussiecon posts, unlike for the last one on climate change, so I hope to write the rest of them this and next week. I reckon I have four more to go, covering eleven panels.

For those who missed it, Caprica, a prequel to Battlestar Galactica started on 7mate last Thursday at 9.30. I messed up recording it, so I need to catch it on sevenyahoo. Caprica is set 58 years before the original.

I didn't do a lot of writing last week, and this week will probably not be much better as I have relatives visiting at the moment and I go down to Melbourne for a couple of nights to attend a training day at Divine later this week. Looking forward to it.

So far I have not run into any gloating Collingwood fans. The bloke at the corner store missed his opportunity this morning. The replay didn't really feel like a grand-final to me so I don't think it should count.

Graham.

No comments: