Sunday, March 21, 2010

My writing week 3 (11)

Hi all,

Again, I didn't do much writing last week, but I feel this is about to change. A good sign is that my thoughts frequently drift to the story I am writing, Miracles Rarely Visit Optimists.

As it is now six weeks since my second cataract surgery, I am getting my eyes retested tomorrow and probably new, weaker reading spectacles a few days later, which will hopefully mean less tired eyes and headaches and more writing. Much more writing.

I had a bugger of a start to the day with morons changing the lane ropes while I swam, so I thought it was going to be one of those days, but then I visited my father in the nursing home and he actually sat and tried to converse, instead of just walking away. When I shook his hand to leave he said "goodbye Graham", so he knew who I was, unlike the previous couple of visits after which I concluded he no longer knew who any of his immediate family and relatives were.

My weekly look at the Kindle ebook bestseller list saw 22 selling for $2, ten for $2.25 to $3.50 and one for free. About the same as last week, so there appears to be a trend downwards of $2 ebooks, which has been more than made up by books priced from $2.25 and $3.50. Interestingly, there were eight versions of the Picture of Dorian Grey all in a row from 76-83 and similarly six versions of Dracula in a row from 88-93.

No comments: